Hello & Welcome!
I'm Brad Jacobs MD MPH ABOIM, an integrative medicine physician, educator, and author. I believe the current US healthcare delivery system and medical school education curriculum is deeply flawed in it's myopic focus on treating disease, at the exclusion of training physicians on health creation – how do we inspire, empower, and reward people about their health. I believe individuals should have the right to access high quality information, inter-professional experts, as well as their own medical records in order to make informed decisions to optimize their health and well-being.
My contributions toward this end include serving as:
- CEO and Executive Medical Director for BlueWave Medicine – a concierge and integrative medicine medical group providing multi-disciplinary, team-based, personalized, and technology-enabled healthcare with an office in Marin.
- Chairman of the Board for the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine – a 501c(3) focused on engaging a global community of health professionals in inter-professional education, community and advocacy to promote the creation of affordable, sustainable person-centered care.
- Authoring books and book chapters in the field of Integrative Medicine and Whole-food based nutrition, including:
- Amanda Hass and Brad Jacobs MD. The Anti-inflammation Cookbook: A delicious way to reduce inflammation and stay healthy.
- Brad Jacobs MD, Katherine Gundling MD. "The American College of Physicians Evidence-Based Guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine"
I'd like to welcome you to my website, featuring: my approach toward optimal health and achieving your best self; information about upcoming workshops and retreats; and a weekly blog, featuring fresh insights and resources about healthy living and common conditions. The intention of this website is to share my experience and knowledge, and to engage you in dialogue about how best to live a vital, healthy, joyful, and happy life.
Recent Blog Articles
Dr. Brad's blog features content on a variety of health topics. Here you'll gain insight into Dr. Brad's expertise on a variety of topics including Women's Health, Men's Health, Healthy Aging, and Common Conditions. Either scan the blog roll below for the latest from Dr. Brad, or click on the Health Blog links to go directly to your area of interest.
Dr. Brad performed the most thorough checkup and review of my medical history I have ever experienced.” –V.J.
Dr. Brad is gifted with a unique combination of exceptional competence and compassion, and I am grateful he is my doctor! He can also work magic… A couple of months ago, I went to see him after a long trip and weeks of feeling terrible with an acute cold, complete exhaustion, and a plugged ear….Continue Reading
When I first met Dr. Bradly Jacobs, I was new to San Francisco and struggling with major health issues. In fact, I had plans to return to NYC one month later for major surgery. This was a very trying time for me, but I found great comfort in my work with Dr. Jacobs. During my…Continue Reading
For years I considered myself to be an active middle-aged man, slightly overweight with ‘normal’ signs of aging. Since I had no official disease and traditional medical practices were not focused on my underlying health, I was unaware that I was on a fast track toward either a debilitating condition or a bad final outcome….Continue Reading